Friday, November 25, 2011

Favorite Things Friday….I love traditions!!

Some of my most favorite things are…

Photo0467 (2)

traditions!

Some of my most favorite things are traditions.  I love traditions and we have plenty…from Easter egg hunts, to camping on Memorial Day weekend, to fireworks (with plenty of popcorn and licorice) at Art City Days, to fireworks and softball tournaments for the Fourth of July…the list goes on and on.  I love spending time with my family doing all the crazy things that we do.  For the past several years, on the day after Thanksgiving, we attend Spanish Fork”s Light Parade.  No matter if it is cold, snowing or windy, we are there.  We sit in the same place every year curled up in a plethora of blankets trying to stay warm.  It is quite the adventure especially when Brylie is involved.  She screams, cheers and waves at the parade participants pass by.  This year, the train (pictured above) was  struggling with it’s smokestack.  The train engineer was trying to make the fireworks come out of the smokestack.  When he finally succeeded, Brylie screamed and cheered him on.  It was like he made the most incredible invention.  It was awesome.  She makes everything so much more fun!!!  Aw…what a great adventure.  I love traditions.!!!

What are some of your traditions?  Care to share?  

~Michelle

P.S.  I am grateful for traditions!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Oh that looks so fun I got invited to that and chose not to go. My sister likes to come over and help wrap my presents. This year a few of my sisters are coming to wrap their presents and we can sit and visit with each other and my Mom. The wrapping gets done so fast then you dont have to stay up late on Christmas Eve you can enjoy it with family more.

¡Vieve! said...

How fun! You guys have such fabulous traditions - I'm quite jealous. And how awesome that you get to sit in the same spot. I can just imagine Brylie screaming and cheering - so cute!

Jess said...

I love all of our traditions. Even the crazy ones! For a while there on Friday night I thought my fingers just may fall off. Yet I wouldn't trade it for anything at all!!! Family traditions are something I cherish so much!!! I am glad you are a part of them:)