Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Laundry…a seven letter swear word.

Laundry…is a seven letter swear word in my vocabulary.  Some people find it relaxing to sort, wash, dry, fold and put away my laundry.  I don’t.  I find it…not relaxing at all.  I leave it to the last possible moment to throw in a batch of laundry.  I just despise the whole idea of doing laundry. 

As I was leaving work tonight, I made a goal that the minute that I arrived home, I would start my laundry.  It is now four hours later…I haven’t even begun the process of sorting.  I can’t seem to get the excitement to sort my clothes into piles…let alone put them in the washer.

  walk-in-closet-sytem-9921

Instead I chose to daydream about closets full of clothes and maids who sort, wash, dry, fold and put away my laundry.  It is a good thing to day dream about…isn’t it? 

I guess it is time to sort, wash, dry, fold and put away my laundry.  I wished I would have started sooner.  It looks like I will be for awhile accomplishing this task.

Do you enjoy doing laundry?  What motivates you?

~Michelle

2 comments:

Angela said...

I dont mind washing them I rather have them washed but I hate to fold and I was just asking Marilyn two days ago what she does to make it more exciting and she said she turns up her ipod so Im going to try that cause I know when you fold watching tv you rather just lay down and watch it so trying something new. You could even set a timer and see what you can get down in half hour and move on to something else for awhile

¡Vieve! said...

I don't really mind laundry all that much, but I hate doing it for some reason. I like to delay as long as possible, to see how full up I can get the hamper. I would love that closet so much. I bet it costs a gillion dollars though. :(