Wednesday, November 9, 2011

a special tribute and red rose

Tonight, I was invited to attend a Young Women in Excellence program for one of the wards in my stake.  At the end of the program, they honored each young woman with a special tribute and a flower that represented them.  There were many different types of flowers just as there are many different types of personalities amongst this group of young women.  As I watched their expressions and witnessed the smiles, it reminded me of a night similar to this night.  I had been released as our ward’s Young Women’s President and called to serve as 2nd Counselor in our Stake Young Women’s Presidency.  This was extremely difficult for me.  I loved the young women that I had been serving.  I wasn’t ready for a change.  My heart just ached for months.  It was so difficult.  I felt like I had lost my little family.  8570-love-flowers-bouquet-3The night of their Young Women in Excellence, I was invited to come to the center of the room.  Each young women and leader individually gave me a special tribute and a red rose.  I will never forget that night.  I felt so loved and so special.  I cried like a baby…I might just add that there wasn’t a dry eye in the room.  I truly loved those young women and leaders.  It was so difficult for me to not be with them.  They had truly taught me so much.  They were such great examples to me.  That night was so special to me.  I will never forget the feelings that I felt.

As I look back on the past few years, I wouldn’t trade the things that I have experienced  for anything in the world.  I still keep in touch with those that I served with and loved but now I have so many more young women and leaders in my life that I truly cherish.

Watching these young women tonight and remembering the feelings that I had felt, I hope that they know how loved that they truly are…each one individually.   They are precious to their parents, leaders and especially to our Heavenly Father. They are amazing examples to each other.  Oh, I love my calling!

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Thank goodness you love your calling so much - and it shows, since you put those YW first, and help them at no thought to yourself. That tribute to you sounds awesome - how great to have them do that for you.

Angela said...

Oh that is so special you are a wonderful leader all the girls look up to you im glad you love your calling