Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Humbled.

I am tenderhearted. I will be the first to admit it. I know that it is a blessing to have a tender heart and I am truly grateful for it but sometimes I don’t think that it is really worth it. Things hurt my feelings probably more than they need to.

A situation has been plaguing my mind for the past few days. I am frustrated with how I feel and what to say or think about it. I know that some people don’t tend to be mean, hateful or hurtful but I start to really doubt their sincerity.

photoThis morning, I was chatting with my dear friend, Gabby. I was explaining (ok…complaining a little) how I feel about this certain situation and the people that are involved. I was starting to get emotional about it when my phone “dinged”. I glanced down at my phone and there was a tweet. (Yes, I am on Twitter, I love it).

It was from Becky Higgins, LLC. I love her “Part of Cultivating a Good Life” series. She tweets out thoughts and ideas on how to cultivate a good life. She is amazing and inspiring. 

Today, it read, “Part of cultivating a good life is trying to see people the way God sees them. With this perspective, we would be much more patient and kind.”

And…that’s when I felt a little bad about complaining.  HUMBLED.

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

That was the best, most ironic thing that could have happened. I'm still laughing over it!