Sunday, November 6, 2011

Candy corn? Peanut butter? Chocolate?

What do you get when  you combine candy corn, peanut butter, and chocolate?IMG_4550  Homemade butterfingers.

I found this recipe online and I was intrigued.  I couldn’t figure out how combining peanut butter and candy corn could really make butterfingers.  So, I tried it…they turned out amazing.   Just in case you wanted to the recipe…

Homemade Butterfingers

1 lb. candy corn

16oz jar peanut butter (I used Peter Pan Honey Roasted peanut butter)

16oz pkg. chocolate candy coating

Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals til melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. Spread mixture in an 8x8 pan lined with parchment. Cool completely. Cut into squares. Dip in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.

Aw…deliciousness!

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

These were delicious! And I think I'll make these at some point - its gotta be the only way that candy corn is delicious...

Gerb said...

Sounds awesome! And I agree with Vieve - I've never thought much of candy corn. But this could make them worth the space they take up in the candy section!