Wednesday, November 2, 2011

To be like a little child…

photo0310 (2) Brylie is one of my most favorite people.  Even at the age of 4, she has taught me so much.  She loves you unconditionally.  She makes you feel like you are the most important person in her little life.  She just makes me feel special.  The other day, I was at my parents and Brylie (and her parents) came to visit.  She comes running into the house, gives me a huge hug & kiss, sits on my lap and says, “I missed you, Michelle-y!”  Aw…she knows how to melt my heart.  She is a pretty special little friend!!

As I thought about that sweet little sentence, I realized how important those three words are…I missed you.  How often do you tell someone that you missed them?  How often do you tell someone that you love them?  How often do you tell someone that  you care about them or that you are thinking of them?  Does it happen every day?  Why aren’t we more like little children?  They are so honest, tenderhearted and compassionate.  Brylie missed me, so she told me.  Did it touch my heart?  Most definitely.  What if we said compassionate statements such as “I missed you” or “I love you” more often?  Is it a sign of weakness?  My opinion…definitely not! 

I am going to try to be a little more like Brylie.  I want people to know how much I care about them.  I want to be more compassionate.  I want others to feel how I feel when Brylie tells me that she misses me.  It truly warms the heart…sometimes it takes a little child to remind us how important life is and how special we are.

 

~Michelle

2 comments:

Gerb said...

I love how it says, "Happy Clam" on her shirt. She is such a little sweetheart. We should all be more like children. Great post!

¡Vieve! said...

She is the cutest! I do wish people were more like children - there'd be way more honesty in the world.