Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gratitude Journal Prompting…

journal_and_pen I love to write in my journal.  I find that it gives me a place where I can share emotions, thoughts, ideas, concerns…and the list goes on and on.  It is place where I can just be me.  I know that I have shared my thoughts on journal writing many many times.  I am grateful for each and every entry.  Did I already tell that I love to write in my journal?  If not…I do.

One night at the beginning of November, I came across a blog that inspired to me to share something that I am grateful for each day.  Each day, she (the blog writer) shares a quote and then gives a prompt of what to write about in your journal.  I am so grateful for the time and energy that she has put into her blog to help me be more grateful for the things that I experience each day. 

Today’s quote is found here along with her prompting to write.  I decided to share a portion of my journal entry today.

As I clicked onto my gratitude journal prompting blog today, the journal prompt stated, “ When we take time to reflect back on our blessings, we realize God’s hand in our daily lives.  Today, record in your ‘Gratitude Journal’ how our Heavenly Father has helped you feel his love.”  This prompting is perfect for what took place today.  I had the privilege and opportunity to teach [one of the the wards in our stake] young women today.  As I was preparing, I felt this overwhelming prompting to change and switch things up a bit.  I studied over my lesson plan.  I pondered and prayed for the changes that needed to take place.  I knew that it needed to be powerful.  I knew that something needed to happen that hadn’t happened in the previous wards.  After studying line by line, I realized that I needed to ask what needed to be changed.  I went into my room and asked.  I had the most powerful experience.  Heavenly Father showed me the love that he had for this group of young women.  They are special to him.  He loves them unconditionally.  They needed to know this.  I needed to share it with them. 

I am so grateful for this experience.  I cried and cried.  I could feel His love for them.  I knew that his love for them each one individually is exactly what they needed to hear and to feel…

I would share more of what I wrote but I think that I will leave the rest inside my journal.  The place where I record special and sacred experiences.  I am grateful for this gratitude journal prompting blog.  It has made my journal writing even more fun.  Check it out…you might enjoy writing in your journal.  Her prompts bring back lots and lots of awesome memories.

~Michelle

2 comments:

Gerb said...

Thanks for sharing that link - there is some great inspiration for writing about all I am blessed to have!

¡Vieve! said...

You write so much in your journal, I'm so jealous of that. I wish I would take the time to write all of my thoughts, and everything down, but so far, I just summarize, and I'm sure you're not supposed to do that. Good links!