Thursday, November 6, 2008

do you write or type??


Last night as I was starting to write in my journal, I came upon a quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley. It fit perfectly with what I was doing at the time--writing in my journal. The quote read:

"You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny. Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience.
"

For the longest time, I have been typing out my journal, saving it to a file and then, printing it out and putting it in my journal binder. But, as of late, I have decided to write in my journal. It has been so difficult to do so. I find myself wanting to turn back to typing it out--it is so much easier and faster. But, I have a goal that I will write in this certain journal until it is all filled up. So, do you have any ideas on how to write faster? These hour long journal entries are getting the best of me. I do have one thing to say...I love to see how I write. It has been interesting to look back and see what kind of mood I am in when I am writing. It is also interesting to see if I choose to write in cursive or if my entry is in print.



P.S. I am grateful for memories, quotes, a delightful pen (you know those pens that you love the way that they write) and a journal.

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Sometimes I hate writing in my journal because it takes way too long. Good luck keeping up with the writing!

Ammie said...

no spell check! That's my problem. Good for you for writing it out.