Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight...I was NOT disappointed

Not arriving home until 2:00 this morning, I am still exhausted. But, it was well worth it and I have no regrets. Tonight, Shad, Jessica and I went to Park City for a little bit of Christmas shopping and a special showing of Twilight. First of all...I have wrist bands that I wear when I am in a car as a passenger--I get extremely motion sick if I do not wear them. When I realized that I had not grabbed my two little gray friends, it was already too late. We stopped in Heber for a bite to eat and to see if I could get a grasp on the way that I was feeling. Thanks Jessica for switching me places in the car--it truly helped.

Then, it was off to Park City where we shopped and shopped!! Let me put in a SCREAM--I am almost finished Christmas shopping. YIPPEE SKIPPEE!!!

Then, it was off to stand in line for the showing of Twilight!! When we first walked into the theaters--we found the line that we needed to stand in. We were about the 25th in line. By the time that the movie started, we were about the millionth in line. The 25 people in front of us had a least 25 friends that they were saving places for them. It was crazy. Yes, I expect that from teenagers--but grown Mom's. I was appalled. Anyway, we finally get to go into the theater. The only seats that we found were on the 3rd row. Note: Motion sickness and I do not agree on the same things. Sitting that close to the screen causes a great deal of motion sickness.

So, have you ever watched a movie that close? It is definitely crazy. One of my favorite scenes in the movie was that of the baseball game--BUT, I became really sick. I felt like a crazy girl. I had to take off my sweatshirt, my socks and my shoes. I was becoming so sick. I want to watch that part of the movie again--but, not that close. Okay, I want to see that movie again--the whole thing.

I went into the movie having no expectations and I came out of the movie--simply loving it. So, as not to ruin any parts of the movie--I will let you go and see it. If you need a friend to accompany you...call me...I will go. BUT, I am sorry, I will not sit in the front again.





P.S. I am grateful for Shad & Jessica. We had a great time tonight!!

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I would have loved to sit near you when you started taking off your clothes-I bet people were so confused by it!

Unknown said...

:) I loved this movie, too! It's just too bad that you had crappy seats. That does make a huge difference. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews, but I agree with what you said.. no expectations = no disappointment.