Monday, November 10, 2008

it all started with 2 tacos...


It all started with 2 tacos...okay, it really was the lack of tacos that have gotten me thinking about the word--or maybe the idea of being forgotten. See, today, a guy at work--we will call him Fred. Fred asked if I would like to get some lunch out. He was headed to Taco Time and I have been wanting tacos, so I said that I would like 2. Yep--only 2. When he left work, I started thinking about those 2 taco's. I was getting more and more hungry thinking of those 2 tacos.

Fred called and had forgotten what Bart (another fictitious name) wanted. I ran over to Bart's desk and asked him what he wanted. Meanwhile, Trudy (another fictitious name) got on my phone and asked Fred if he would pick her up some food as well. I, then, told Fred what Bart wanted.

Finally, Fred comes back...we all gather at the table in the center of the room. Now, let me tell you...my mouth was watering just thinking about those 2 delicious scrumptious tacos. Fred passes out the food. Then, he turned to throw the bag in the garbage. I looked at him, looked at the bag, and then, looked at him again. I ask, "Fred, where is my food?" Oh, my heart was crushed...he had forgotten my food.

This is definitely not the first time that I have been forgotten. In fact, it happens quite often. Most of the time, the order for my food is wrong or it is not in the bag or it gets stolen...you know the list goes on. I do know that Fred was not intentionally forgetting to order my food...but, why does it seem to happen to me. So, I started thinking of all the times I have been forgotten. I really do not like being forgotten--in fact, I really do not like it one bit.

Since I have chosen to go private in the blog world, I have had a few people tell me that they will probably forget to read my blog. I find it interesting this type of comment. Does that mean that they will forget me? I feel like someone is telling you..."Oh, I will probably forget who you are." I hope that I never forget the important people in my life--it kind of is scary to think that you can become forgotten.

As for Fred, I will continue to give him a bad time about the whole taco thing--I really don't want him forgetting who I am. Plus, this is something that could be entertaining to hold over his head.




P.S. I am grateful for my memory.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Dude, where did you pick these names? In the future-just make sure you write down what you need-he won't forget it then!