Monday, November 17, 2008

only one word answers (please)



Ever since I was little, I have had the desire to become a lawyer. My parents will agree that I am one to debate over a situation until I win. The outcome is much better when I win because if I do not, the debating never ceases. I do pay attention to the smallest details (which comes in quite handy with my debating instincts) and plus, I do think outside the box. My mom tells me all the time that I am a black and white person--I do not see the gray in anything. I do have to argue with her over that kind of statement--I do see gray but, not very often.

Today, I found myself in the lawyer mode. Demanding "yes" and "no" answers--not excepting any other gibberish--only one word answers. I think that I probably shocked the person that I went up against. I do not think that he knew if he was coming or going. Tonight, when I think of the look on his face when I demanded the one word answers--it does make me giggle. I do have a lawyer side to me. Yes, I did receive my one word answers and rested my case--and walked out of Ted's office.

And...to think it was all over some markers, a white board and some drawings.



P.S. To the person that I went up against--I hope I did not hurt your feelings--I was just trying to prove a point!!

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I wish I had been there to see this! Shoot!

julie said...

You are good. A point well taken