Tuesday, November 11, 2008

do you doodle?


Okay, I will have to admit...I am a doodler!!! No matter where I am, no matter what I am doing--I doodle. I do have a problem with this. I doodle on anything that I have near me. I find that my brain is going a million miles a minute. In fact, the guys at work accused me of having a zillion compartments in my brain--where I am accessing a million things at once. I am not sure if that was a compliment or exactly what they meant by that. I think that I will take it as a compliment.

Anyway, I find myself doodling while I am on the phone, in a meeting, watching television and whenever I have a pen or pencil in front of me. I have been known to have drawn many figures and flowers all over the envelopes of my bills. Do you think that when the bill people get my payments--they are amused of what is on the envelope? I think that I would--that is be amused.

Well, tonight, I was attending a meeting with the other Young Women Stake Leaders. There was a pencil on the table and some paper. Of course, what do I start to do? DOODLE!! By the end of the night, I had drawn stick figures and flowers--plus written names of people all over this piece of paper. I wonder what people think--"oh, she is so into this speaker that she is writing notes"--UM...no, not me!! I am just doodling. I guess the only thing bad about doodling is when someone grabs your paper and starts to wonder what is going on in my brain? Yep...that happened tonight!! I did not make any excuses--I just said, "Yep, that's what is going on in my brain tonight." They laughed and laughed. I am glad that I am around to make other people laugh. So, my question to you--Do you doodle?



P.S. I am grateful for pens, pencils, and paper!!

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I love to doodle! (this you know) I don't know how people can just sit there with a pen and paper and not do something with it.