Saturday, November 20, 2010

Walmart….on a Saturday night…not my kind of fun!

walmart I really dislike going to Walmart on a Saturday night and tonight was no exception.  The lines are forever long, children are screaming because they are tired, their parents are cranky and the cashiers are tired of dealing with all of the customers. 

I had only 5 items in my hand when I located a short line.  Plus the couple in front of me only had approximately 30 items or so.  BONUS!!  I knew that I was going to make it in and out of Walmart in less than 20 minutes.  This was going to be sweet.    Things were going great until the last 15 or so items when the lady customer made a comment to the cashier, “The last 15 items…I have a price match on each one of them.”  Are you serious?  Ok…I kept thinking, this won’t take very long.  BUT…the cashier was having problems with the whole “price-matched” procedure and kept typing in the wrong price.  She would get out her calculator, figure out what the price difference would be, type that number in and put away her calculator.  This didn’t happen on just one item, it happened on every single item.  I almost asked if she would just leave the calculator out and quit putting it back in the drawer because she was going to have to use it on the next item. UGH!!  After what seemed forever, I thought that the lady customer was finished.  WHEW!!  OH, BUT WAIT!!  She forgot to give the cashier her coupons.  SERIOUSLY!!! 

Trying to be nice and friendly, I kept smiling…at least I was trying.  Finally, everything was done and it was my turn.  I asked the lady customer, how much money did she save clipping coupons and figuring out the price matches…she didn’t know, she just does it for the fun of it.  ARE YOU SERIOUS?! 

Maybe…I should be grateful that we have a Walmart to go and spend a zillion hours at just to purchase 5 items. 

Hope your day was an ADVENTURE!

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Man, that story makes me laugh, but if I had been there, I would have been starting a riot over it!