Friday, November 5, 2010

Are you unstoppable?

IMG_0989 

I love attending any type of sporting event.  Maybe it is a result that I grew up in a family of all boys and a mom that absolutely loves any type of sport. So, that is probably where I developed the love for any type of sport.  I admit, there are some that are a tad bit boring for me to watch but for the most part, I love them. 

One thing that I love about any sporting event is the adrenalin that is present amongst the players and the crowd.  Anyway, last night I attended a basketball game. Fort Lewis College versus Brigham Young University to be exact.  It was a great game but it was sad at the same time.  Usually, I would be screaming for joy that BYU pulled off the win but I am kinda partial to the team that they played.  See…it is more fun to watch a game when you know one of the players.  I happen to know one of the talented players (#4)  on the Fort Lewis team…so, I went against all I have been taught and rooted for a team other than BYU.  They all played great but BYU started out a little bit more aggressive than them and they could not catch up…no matter how hard they played.  They played great and they played hard!  It was a good game.

Like I said above, I love the adrenalin that is present.  I love it when the crowd gets into the game.  I love it when the screaming is so loud that the players are pumped up.  I love that feeling.  Well, last night, the crowd was pumped especially when #4 was on the court. It was great!!  When she made a basket, the crowd came alive…as if she just won the NBA play-offs or something.

Anyway, a great number of the crowd had played ball with #4 and they were all wearing shirts that stated that they had played with her.  It was awesome!  She, individually, had a great amount of support.  It was definitely present in the actions and what people wore to the game.  So, I was thinking…wouldn’t it be awesome if everyone gave that much support to everyone around them.  I really think that our lives would be much different.  If we had our own cheering section cheering us on to victory in everything that we did, we would feel that we were unstoppable.  I am sure that life would even be that much greater!   

Have a unstoppable day!!

~Michelle

**picture taken from Vieve’s iPhone**

2 comments:

Gerb said...

You were there?! How did I not see you? When Allen & Elle told me they would be sitting with their friends I was worried I would have no one to sit with. I did find someone, but it would have been a blast to sit with you! Well, maybe the next time Fort Lewis comes to town...

¡Vieve! said...

That game was so much fun! I am sad that Fort Lewis lost, but the fight they put up in the second half was enough to rival those BYU gals any day.