Thursday, November 25, 2010

I probably will pass on the Banana Cream Pie!!

twd-banana-cream-pie

This morning, I arrived early at Mom’s to help her with the pre-Thanksgiving dinner cooking.  She left the easy things for me to finish up. HA HA  She knows me so well.  After I made two delicious chocolate pies, I started to make the Banana Cream Pie.  I had finished the first one and it looked so scrumptious.  I was trying to remember when the last time I had tasted a Banana Cream Pie.  It must have been forever ago because I could not remember. The pie looked so inviting and so tempting.  I wanted to taste it but knew that I shouldn’t. 

Guess what? I decided to have just a small taste.  Knowing that I am allergic to bananas, I knew it wouldn’t be that bad…right?  Ok…I must have left my brain at home because it was not a very smart thing to do.   All of a sudden my lips started to tingle.  Then, they went  completely numb. Hmm…bad idea. I kinda had this panic feeling because I was not sure what was going to happen next.  Thank goodness, my lips only stayed completely numb for a few hours. I really have a lot to be grateful for...I really do.  I don’t think that I will ever eat a banana again.  No, it was not worth it.

Happy Thanksgiving!!  I hope your day was filled with fun, family and laughter!

~Michelle

**Several hours later…they are still tingley and the numbness is finally going away. YAHOO!!

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I still can't believe you ate some of the banana pie! I know bananas are delicious, but my goodness! At least the numbness went away!