Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lost? Where are you sweet little plastic of mine?

 credit-cards Have you ever lost something or misplaced something?  UGH!!  I strongly dislike that feeling.  I love to have everything organized and right where it is suppose to be.  So, when my debit card was not located in the slot inside my wallet where it usually hangs out…I started to get nervous.  REALLY NERVOUS! I kept telling myself that it is probably home on the entertainment center in my bedroom. 

Finally, I arrive home. I check the top of the entertainment center. It is not there.  I check my night stand, my bathroom counter, the inside of my car, I dump my purse out, I look through every slot and pocket in my wallet, I look through my laundry (maybe it is in one of my pockets)…no such luck.  Inside I am starting to panic. I can not find it anywhere.  I retrace my steps.  The last time I remember using it was a week ago at Subway.  I check with the clerk at Subway.  He checks the cash register and the safe.  No card. 

Now, I am really freaking out inside. I am trying to remain calm on the outside but inside I am freaking out.  I check my account balance.  Nothing has been purchased since that day.  YIKES!!  After looking everywhere and retracing every step that I took last week…I decided that maybe I should offer a prayer.  A simple prayer to ask for help.

After my simple prayer, I went to my closet and checked one of my sweatshirts.  No card. UGH!!  I was still feeling sick. Then, I noticed one of my sweatshirts that I had thought about wearing last week.  I do not remember even wearing it…that is why I think it was a thought.  I checked its pockets…there was my card!!  I love it when prayers are answered.  I love it!!!  Probably, should have started my search with a prayer.  Why do I always do things the most difficult way? 

Have a fantastic night!!

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Thank goodness you found it, I was so nervous for you!

Maleen said...

Yep, I am thinking it's about time to pray for my Costco card. Haven't seen it for a week.