Thursday, November 4, 2010

Oh, how I love Minnie Mouse…but definitely not when I have to share her voice.

minnie_mouse-4962 I woke up this morning as Minnie Mouse.  No, it isn’t by appearance but by sound.  When I get sick for some reason, the virus attacks my vocal cords.  As a result, my voice goes extremely high…kinda like what you would imagine Minnie Mouse sounding like.  This usually is not a problem, I usually limit my talking. But, for today…it is definitely not a good thing.  We have clients that have flown in from all parts of the country this week to participate in our annual conference at work.  So, talking to them and directing them to the appropriate places is not an easy thing when you sound like Minnie Mouse.  People usually start laughing…which I am glad that I can make people laugh…or they tell me that they are sorry that I am not feeling that great. No matter where I go or who I see, I get all sorts of comments about my so-called Minnie Mouse voice. 

Today as I was sitting at my desk, I started thinking about my voice.  I like my voice.  I really do.  Then, I started thinking about my Mom’s voice.  She has a nice voice too.  For some reason, my thoughts turned to my sweet grandma’s voice.  I have never heard her talk .  She became very sick when she was 18 months old and as a result, she became 100% deaf.  My sweet grandma didn’t talk like other grandmas did, she used her hands.  I have had a lot of thoughts that have focused on my grandma lately.  I wonder what her voice sounds like.  Is it similar to mine or is it similar to my mom’s? I cannot wait until I see my sweet grandma again.I know that I will be excited to hear her voice and of course, receive one of her tender hugs.  I love my grandma.  She is amazing!!  One thing that I am grateful for is that she gave me my mom!

Have a super-fantastic day!!  I know that I will because I am Minnie Mouse for the day!! 

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Ah, the Minnie voice always makes me laugh! It's too bad that it had to show up during the meetings, but at least you trooped through it!