Thursday, November 15, 2012

What? There is a hole in my wall.

We needed new smoke detectors in our home.  Apparently, smoke detectors are supposed to be changed periodically…not just the battery but the actual smoke detector.  Who knew?  Not me.  Well, it was time to have them changed.  Mr. Handyman  (I am not sure who it was because I was not home at the time) came over to change the smoke detectors. I was grateful that they were being changed. For the past few weeks, I have been strange dreams about fires and smoke. 

Anyway, back to the story.  Mr. Handyman came over to change the smoke detectors.  I was grateful that I didn’t have to climb that tall ladder to change one the vaulted ceiling.  I am so fearful of heights.  So, I was grateful.   

But, when I arrived home, this is what caught my eye…

2012-11-13_21.30.38

A hole in the wall?  Apparently, Mr. Handyman fell off the ladder…as he hit the ground, the ladder went through the wall.  My first reaction was to ask if he was hurt.  He wasn’t…just his pride.  So, my second reaction…”MY WALL!”  

I am glad he wasn’t hurt.  But…my wall…and my red berry wreath weren’t that lucky.

I don’t like these types of surprises.

~Michelle

P.S. I am grateful for the amazing Young Women in Excellence that I attended this evening.  It was powerful and incredible.  It made my heart fill with joy. 

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I can't believe he left a hole in your wall! Is he coming soon to repair it? I hope so, this hole is the worst!