Friday, November 23, 2012

The light parade…I love this family tradition.

2012-11-23_19.15.58

Every year, our family attends Spanish Fork’s Light Parade.  It doesn’t matter if it is raining, snowing or freezing cold, we are there. We sit in the same place all bundled up in warm clothes and plenty of blankets. I love this tradition but what makes it even more incredible is watching  it with my sweet niece.  Brylie gets so excited about everything and anything.  She absolutely loves Christmas lights.  She screams and cheers…it is so fun to watch.  I love experiencing Christmas through her eyes.  Her laugh and excitement is contagious. 

2012-11-23_19.28.51

When Brylie noticed the train approaching with fireworks coming out of its smokestack, she screamed, “We need to tell Papa. He would love it.” My dad had to work and was unable to attend the parade with us.   I love our Christmas traditions.  They make me smile. 

~Michelle

P.S.  I am grateful for Brylie’s contagious love for life, 

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I want to go to this, and I never remember about it until you tell me! I need to write it down, you make it sound like so much fun. Brylie is so cute - I'm so glad you guys get to spend time together.