Monday, November 5, 2012

Books that every girl should read…

sarahhwI love to read.  I love when I am reading and the characters come alive.  There is something with forgetting about reality and checking into the pages of a book. I just love it.   I love that I can sit for hours and read without moving…maybe only to grab a blanket and  a box of Kleenexes.   I love when I read a book and experience every type of emotion.  I just love it.  I love to read!

Anyway, tonight,  I came across a list of books that every girl should read.   I am not sure who published this article or where they got their facts but I found it interesting.  I might just add these books to my list.  So…I ask you my dear blog readers, have you read…

Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) by Sophie Kinsella

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close

The Girl’s Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank

What I Know Now: Letters to My Younger Self by Ellyn Spragins

The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

What Did I Do Wrong? by Liz Pryor

20-Something, 20-Everything: A Quarter-life Woman’s Guide to Balance and Direction by Christine Hassler

Single: The Art of Being Satisfied, Fulfilled and Independent by Judy Ford

What are your thoughts?  Would you put these books on your top ten list?  I have heard of a couple of them but not all of them.  What book would you recommend?

Happy Reading!

~Michelle

P.S.  I am grateful that I know how to read!  So grateful!

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I've only read like, 2 of those...I feel like I have failed. :(

Gerb said...

Pride and Prejudice (YAWN) I have heard of. I say make your own list! Include things like Stargirl, Sammy's Song and The Secret Journal of Brett Colton.