Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A recipe…The Food I Had Today!

I was sitting with Vieve as we were eating our lunch and reading our books.  I looked over at what she was eating and it looked DELICIOUS. I asked her to send me the recipe.  I love trying new recipes and this looked like one that I would want.

Excited to make this delicious meal, I opened up my email to receive the following:

Food I Had Today

Rice
Meat that was seasoned with taco seasoning
Corn
Beans
I cooked them all, and then I mixed them together, and I mixed in some
cheese with it too. I used Mexican cheese. And then that was a little
blandy still, so I mixed in just a smidge of salsa. I used Pace, but
that's because its my favorite, it's not too spicy for me. That's it,
that's the whole recipe. So boring.

Huh?  I was a tad bit confused.  There wasn’t a name for the recipe.  She entitled it “Food I Had Today”.  Where are the measurements? How was I supposed to create this scrumptious meal without measurements?  Guess what?  I did it.  I just added some rice, hamburger, corn, pinto and black beans…exactly how she wrote it.  So, I mixed them together and…

2012-11-21_14.13.38 (1)

enjoyed “The Food I Had Today”. 

Happy Eating!

~Michelle

P.S.  I am grateful for food to eat. 

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Haha, in my defense, there is no name! It's originally called "Chicken taco bowl" but there's no chicken in my version! I'm calling it that from now on!

Maleen said...

That actually looks really good. I can tell that I haven't had lunch today...