Sunday, April 6, 2014

Tomato Soup gravy and homemade meatball with mashed potatoes and corn!

Last night when I was getting ready for bed, I was thinking of I wanted to have for dinner today.  A delicious (well, I think it is delicious) meal popped into my head.  It is one that my mom makes—tomato soup gravy and homemade meatballs with mashed potatoes and corn.  I know that it seems weird but let me share something with you, it is delish!!!  I almost called my mom and asked if we could have it for Sunday dinner but I pushed that thought away and finished getting ready for bed.  When I woke up this morning, I started thinking of that scrumptious dinner.  I kept thinking that I wished I would have called my mom and made the suggestion of having it for dinner. 

Anyway, this afternoon when I walked into my parents kitchen, I smiled!!!  A huge smile!!!  Guess what we were having for Sunday dinner?  Aw…I was so excited and this definitely makes me happy!!

day three

During dinner, I asked Mom a zillion questions of where this recipe came originated and how it came into our family.  She said that when she was 6 years old, she and her family traveled to California to stay at her Aunty Ruby and Uncle Mac’s home for vacation.  One evening, her aunt Ruby made this for dinner and they absolutely loved it.  She taught my grandma how to make it and when my mom grew up, my grandma taught my mom.  Mom has been making it for our family for as long as I can remember.  Isn’t it awesome how things such as recipes are passed from one generation to the next?  I absolutely love it!!

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

That looks crazy delicious! I really want some...so maybe...lets have you bring some to me... ;)