Monday, April 7, 2014

Cookie Dough Cupcakes

I love to bake but like I have said many times before that I don’t like to bake just for myself. Having 24 cupcakes or 4 dozen cookies or a huge pan of brownies in my house would definitely put me over the edge until they were all eaten. The problem with that would be that I would be the one eating every single one of them. So, since my new assignment in our church, I have the opportunity to relish in amazing excitement on Monday evening and make treats. I love it. I am get so excited when I start thinking of the possibilities that I can make for my sweet young women for their Tuesday night activity. I absolutely love it. 

When Vieve brought delicious looking treats into work today, When I tasted them, I knew that I needed to make some for tomorrow evening.  The girls will love them.  I just know that they would.

day four

They were really easy to make and they truly taste like cookie dough.  DELISH!!!

PART_1397001310167_autocompress1397001306682

Want the recipe? 

Cookie Dough Cupcakes

1 box White Cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Cookie Dough Frosting
1 1/2 cup butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 pinch salt
2 TB milk
2-3 cup powdered sugar
Mini Chocolate Chips (for decoration)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pan with cupcake liners. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil milk, sour cream and vanilla extract until smooth. Stir in cake mix and chocolate chips. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cookie Dough Frosting: Beat butter. Add vanilla extract, flour, brown sugar and salt and beat again. Add in about a tablespoon of milk, and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Add more milk and powdered sugar, until you reach your desired consistency. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes and top with mini chocolate chips.

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

These really were so good! I wish you had some left over so I could have tried one of yours! I'm sure your girls just loved them.