Monday, April 28, 2014

Soup-it warms the heart (and the tummy)

Sometimes when you have everything going against you, someone comes through and warms your heart. I have had a lot going on and just needed to be at my parents’ home tonight. It is a place where I can go and just feel secure. Tonight was one of those nights. When I showed up, my mom was making her delicious Taco Soup.

DAY 25

Aw…I just love this soup. It truly brings a smile to my face. Isn’t awesome that something so simple can bring warmth to your heart (and your tummy)?!

Taco Soup

2 cans of diced Tomatoes, undrained

2 cans of Kidney Beans, undrained

2 cans of Black Beans, undrained

2 cans of Corn, undrained

1 large can of Tomato Juice

1 lb. of Hamburger

1 pkg of Taco Seasoning

Cook hamburger and drain grease. Pour into crockpot. Add tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans, corn, tomato juice and taco seasoning. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Serve with tortilla chips, sour cream and shredded cheese.

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I want to make this so much - that picture is making it look really delicious. I'm glad you had a place you could feel secure tonight. :)