Sunday, April 13, 2014

A book, a pencil and a powerful testimony.

Do you know what I love to do?  I love to teach.  I love to feel the amazing sense of peace when I can see that the young women are connecting with what is being taught.  I just love it.  It is such an incredible feeling.  Today was no different and it was awesome.  I love it.  Today, I was able to guide the discussion in our lesson the importance of the Book of Mormon.  I was so excited to share the love that I have for the Book of Mormon with them.  I gave them a Book of Mormon and pencil.

autocompress1397883424857

I challenged them to read, mark and ponder the Book of Mormon.  Pres, Ezra Taft Benson taught, “There is a power in the Book of Mormon which begins to flow into your lives the moment you being a serious study of the book.  You will find power to resist temptation.  You will find the power to avoid deception.  You will find the power to stay on the straight and narrow path….You will find life in greater and greater abundance.”  I truly believe what he has taught.  I know that if these young women seriously study the Book of Mormon their lives will change for the greater.  we decided as a Laurel’s group, we are going to read and then write our testimonies in front of this powerful book.  After doing this, we are going to share our Book of Mormon’s with someone that is waiting to hear about the gospel.  I am so excited for this challenge.  It truly brings a smile to my face and heart. 

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I'm so excited for your young women to read the book and mark it. It's such a great gift to give this to someone, especially someone so young.