Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Should it be awkward?

Smiley-face I was having a random conversation with my friend Gabby today.  We were talking about how we love to send things in the mail and how we like to drop things off to people randomly.  We are so much a like with this area of our brains.  We love how it makes us feel inside.  We love that (we hope) it brings smiles to people’s faces. We decided ask a few people that we came in contact…how it makes them feel when they receive an act of kindness.  It was interesting.  At first, it seemed that it was such an awkward topic.  Should it be awkward?  Don’t the scriptures testify to us that when we “are in the service of [our] fellow beings [we] are only in  the service of [our]  God”?  So, why should it be awkward?

See, I love receiving notes in the mail.  I love receiving random gifts left on my doorstep.  I love it when people stop by my house to drop off a plate of cookies or whatever they have created.  I love it when people stop by to just visit me.  I love all of these types of things.  Since I love receiving these types of things, I LOVE to perform this service for others!  I love sending out letters, treats and things that make people smile. I love dropping things off on doorsteps.  I love to share things with others that I have created.  Even if it may be awkward, I truly believe that it brings a smile to their faces and hearts and secretly…it fills my hearts with so much happiness!  Aw…I LOVE IT!  LOVE IT!  LOVE IT!

Wouldn’t it be great if all day long we thought of others and how we could make them smile?  Aw…that would be the coolest day ever!! Thanks for listening to me ramble tonight!!

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

If people don't appreciate a gift at the door or any of these things, I think it would make me sad! I LOVE having this done for me - hopefully other people are the same! I'm glad you're like me in this!