Monday, December 6, 2010

The Gren Village

1206102036-01

(This picture doesn’t even do it justice.)

If you know me very well, you know that I LOVE Christmas.  I love everything about Christmas.  I love shopping for the perfect presents.  I love wrapping presents.  I love decorating for Christmas. I love Christmas baking.  I love to go look at the lights.  I love spending time with family and friends.  I love Christmas time!

One of my favorite places to go is my parents home during the Christmas season (ok…I love going there any other time of the year). Mom decorates each room in the home with a Christmas tree and a theme.  It is awesome.  She spends hours and hours decorating.  I love it. It such incredible place to go.  The spirit of Christmas is definitely present!

One thing that I am in charge of is putting together my mom’s Christmas village.  I have named it “The Gren Village”.  Unique. Huh?  My mom has hand-painted every house, market, church, school and the buildings go on and on.  It is awesome.  I love taking out each piece from their designated storage box and creating a village.  It is so cool when everything comes together…snow, lights, buildings, people, trees.  I love creating the village each year.  Aw…I love Christmas time!!!

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Gren Village, so cute! I love how decorated Mama Gren's house is every year!

Ammie said...

I love Christmas too! How fun of your mom to decorate all the rooms! I would love to go there too! Christmas makes me happy!