Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

 2170121299_7e41014e9c Bright and early this morning, (ok…it was still really dark and rainy) we drove to Salt Lake City to attend A Christmas with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir mini-concert.  When we finally arrived…the free-way was closed and the detour was closed due to a horrific accident…so much time on the road…I was so sleepy.  (Hmm….maybe I should figure out how to sleep at night.) The atmosphere was so warm and peaceful sitting in the conference center.  I was trying so hard to stay awake.  I did not want to miss anything at all.  I knew if I closed my eyes…sleep would set in.  So, I started listening to the three ladies that were sitting next to me.  They were on facebook critiquing everyone’s status and pictures….so, I guess, that did help me stay awake.  People can be so cruel.  I wonder if these ladies knew that others were listening…they would have had to, wouldn’t they?

Finally, the concert started.  It was amazing.  I am grateful that we were given an early Christmas present.  The Tabernacle Choir was amazing.  David Archuleta was incredible.  The Salt Lake City Dancers were superb.  The orchestra was perfect.  Everything about the concert was fantastic. I am really glad that I was able to go.  I think that I really needed it.  In fact, I know that I needed it.  The feelings that I felt this morning was a tender mercy from our Heavenly Father.  I know it.  I just do.

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

People are so rude nowadays- I can't believe people are getting on Facebook during church. That upsets me. I'm glad the concert was still good though.