Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Krispie Kreme Adventure

Krispy%20Kreme%20Doughnuts

I was in charge of treats for our monthly Stake & Ward Camp meeting. I did not have time nor  energy to really create something delicious that I would be proud to take to a meeting.  For some reason the thought of doughnuts popped into my mind.  I am not a donut connoisseur.  In fact, they are my least favorite treat.  But, I know that others love them.  So…I decided that would be the treat for the night.

So…off to Krispie Kremes, I drove.  When I arrived inside the building there were several people in front of me  including several elementary age children.  Apparently, if you do well in school, you present your report card to the clerk and she gives you  a half a dozen glazed donuts.  It was fun to watch as the little elementary school children excitedly stood in line to hand their awesome report card to the clerk.  When the clerk handed them their box of glazed donuts, they were beaming with excitement.  It was fun to witness such wonderful smiles on their faces.  Smiles and giggles coming from little children are things that I definitely love!!

Finally, it was my turn. I ordered six dozen glazed donuts.  The clerk asked if I would like to wait for the a fresh batch.  Of course, I would.  While fresh glazed donuts were being made, she helped the other half of Utah County elementary school children get their “less than fresh” glazed donuts.  About 20 minutes later, the glazed donuts were made and it was time to box up my order. 

The friendly clerk asked me why I was purchasing six dozen donuts. I explained to her that it was for a young women meeting.  She proceeded to tell me that at their last young meeting, they served beans and rolls.  In my head I was thinking that I wanted to have my leaders enjoy a treat.  I am sure that beans and rolls are good but…not my idea of a treat. 

After ringing up the total of my purchase, she decided to give me six dozen donut holes.  I sure hope that my young women leaders are hungry tonight.  HA HA!! 

Hope you are having a festive night!

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I want some donut holes! That sounds so awesome that she gave them to you!