Saturday, December 18, 2010

Favorite things Friday (moved to Saturday)….popcorn

One of my most favorite things is….

20101221120423

Popcorn.

One of my most favorite things is popcorn. I love popcorn for a snack. I love trying out new recipes and sharing it with others. As I looking through the many recipes that I have yet to organize, I came upon one that I have never tried. It is called White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn.  I decided that today was the day that I was going to attempt to create this delicious treat. It was so easy and so yummy.  You should try it…you might just like it.

White Chocolate Candy Cane Popcorn

1 cup popcorn kernels, popped

1 lb. Almond Bark

1-6 ounces box candy canes, crushed

2 teaspoons peppermint extract

3/4 cup chocolate chips

Place popcorn in a very large mixing bowl. Pour crushed candy canes over the top of the popcorn. Melt the almond bark according to the package.

Once the almond bark is melted, add the peppermint extract.  Mix well.  It will seize a little bit (mixture will get a little lumpy---no worries, it is okay).

Pour over the popcorn & candy cane mixture.  Pour the popcorn out onto a piece of waxed paper, parchment or foil.  Spread it out into an even layer and leave it alone. 

Melt the chocolate chips and drizzle over the popcorn.  Leave it until the almond bark and chocolate has hardened. 

When chocolate is hardened, use your hands to break up popcorn into chunks.  Toss in a bowl and eat!!  So delicious!!!

Happy Holidays!

~Michelle

 

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Popcorn is too delish! I cannot wait to make and eat some of this - it sounds so good!