Friday, December 17, 2010

This saddens my heart!

24890167

I received a phone call early this morning from my brother telling me that the Provo Tabernacle was on fire.  My heart sunk!  I turned on the TV to watch the Breaking News.  It makes me so sad.  I cannot even believe it.  I started thinking about those pioneers that sacrificed so much to build us such a beautiful building.  I believe it took them approximately 15 years to build it.   15 years of sacrifice to build us such an amazing building and only a few hours to completely destroy it  This just makes my heart sad.

I love this building.  I love attending meetings in this building.  I love everything about this building.  It is such a peaceful place.  Oh, my heart is saddened.  I have lots of awesome memories that were built attending events in this beautiful building.  I just cannot believe it. 

~Michelle

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

This makes me so sad! I can't believe it's still burning after all this time-I hope they can save some of it at least!

Shelby said...

I feel the same way as you. I felt so bad thinking about all the hard work and craftsmanship that went into building this beautiful building. I am just hoping that it's not all a complete loss. I hope that they can at least restore/keep some of the "shell". What a beautiful building!

Ammie said...

I agree! It's TERRIBLE and very sad!