Wednesday, December 8, 2010

3:02 am!

ist2_1323146-alarm-clock-5-to-12 I am curled up amongst my quilts…sleeping and dreaming.  Then all of a sudden, my eyes open.  I look at my clock.  It reads 3:02.  3:02?!  I think to myself…are you serious?  What is going on?  It can’t be that time. 

I turn over, grab my pillows, pull my covers closer to me and close my eyes.  Aw…to sleep again.  After what seems like an eternity, I look at the clock again…3:09.  Serious?!  3:09!  Why can’t I sleep?  I am tired.  I am exhausted.  I can’t stop yawning!  Why am I awake? 

So, again…I curl up with my blankets and pillow, close my eyes and try to go back to dreamland.  NOPE!!  Apparently, that is not in the plan.  After it seems like an eternity (AGAIN), I open my eyes…3:42!  Not much sleeping tonight!

I decide to  get up.  Now the question is… what should I do?  What do normal people do at 3:42 am?  Sleep!!  UGH!! I want to be a normal person!

I just checked my email…not much to read.  I checked facebook…nothing too exciting.  I turned on the TV.  Hallmark is playing Off Season.  I really don’t care for that movie,  It is dark outside.  I can hear a few cars on the freeway.  My neighbor just left (hopefully, he is going to work and not having an emergency of some sort).  My house is quiet.  Too quiet.  I have tried reading…hoping that would put me to sleep.  Nope! 

Hmm…not much going on except me YAWNING every few minutes.  Oh my goodness….it is going to be an extremely long day. 

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I'm always so sad that you can't sleep all the time! I wish you could!