Thursday, January 31, 2008

oh...it is so COLD!!!

Today one of the guys that I work with called and said that all the passes in to Utah (from Idaho) is closed due to the horrific storm that is happening to the north of us. At that moment, I looked outside and noticed that we were starting to get little snow flurries. I scream "UGH! It is starting to snow AGAIN!!! I am getting so tired of these storms. Really, I do not mind the snow--but it has been so dang COLD.

Anyway, after I screamed, Russell (a guy in my office) said that we need all the moisture that we can get. Then, he said--"don't you want to drink water in the summertime?" I quickly added, "No, a diet coke with a slice of lemon and crushed ice would be just fine-thanks!"

So, tonight as I watch those little snow flurries glide down and rest on the outside world, I am trying to find all my quilts. I am really cold right now and I am just tired of the cold. If it could be warm and snow--that would be simply fabulous. But, all this cold...Is Utah turning into the new setting for "ICE AGE". ICE AGE is definitely one of my all time favorite movies BUT, it is definitely not where I want to live. I feel like I am Sid the Sloth--trying to find a warm place to sleep and just can not find it. Oh, I just get the chills thinking how cold it is outside. On the news tonight, Mr. Weatherman said that the low was 9 degrees. OH MY!!! 9 degrees!!! That is definitely cold. Maybe we are going to be living with Sid the Sloff. I do not like this cold one bit!!! I guess for now, I will find my quilts and snuggle in them until I am all toasty warm!!! I hope you have a warm quilt to snuggle in.

4 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

It is definitely too cold right now! I am beginning to resent the snow-even though everyone has said that we need it! I will find myself a giant quilt to snuggle in, and drink some hot cocoa!

Cami said...

It IS cold! The perfect day to snuggle under a nice warm quilt with some yummy hot chocolate!

Maleen said...

I'm all for having enough water in the reserves, but I am ready to try hibernating until Spring. I am so tired of SNOW!! I can't wait for flip-flop weather.

Gerb said...

I love to look at the snow, but I do NOT like the freezing temperatures that come with it. Just thinking about donuts makes me feel all warm, though.

*thinking*

...donuts....

ahh, that's better.