Sunday, January 27, 2008

the passing of a Prophet--a good man



Elder Holland-- when he was visiting our Stake, a couple of weeks ago, shared with us that President Hinckley was very ill. So, we were somewhat prepared as we heard the news today. As I have listened to the news this evening, I have bittersweet feelings. So sad that he has passed on, but to think of the sweetness that took place as he entered the next life. Being reunited with his sweet wife. Oh, think of the reunion of him and our Savior. He was an amazing man. I loved his wit combined with his eloquent style. His witness of our Savior was simply amazing. His amazing service--what a great example. He had so much energy and affected so many people--not only members but so many non-members. His happiness was completely contagious!!! He was so down to earth and just loved everyone! I loved his cane and how he waved it all the time. He loved the youth--he connected with the youth. His genuine smile!!! He was the most influencial person in any of our lives. He was dedicated. I loved his quote: "Try a little harder to be a little better." He was such a wonderful leader. President Hinckley will be missed--but we will try a little harder to be a little better.

5 comments:

Cami said...

I will miss this man. He was a wonderful man and Prophet.

Unknown said...

Well said!! And I agree, just think of the reunion when he enter the gates of heaven!! Not only his wife and the Savior...but I am sure that all the past prophets were there to welcome him!
~Carly

Gerb said...

You said it all so well, Michelle - what a beautiful post.

Ker said...

You did say it well. I too am sad, I am feeling quite sad for Pres. Monson right now, as he has lost 2 of his best friends in a short few months.

Maleen said...

I love that even as we mourn the passing of an amazing prophet, none of us worry about the leadership of the church. We know that the Savior still guides this church and qualified leaders such as the apostles still stand at the head. It is so comforting to know that the Lord plans for all of us, even as he takes beloved servants home.