Tuesday, January 8, 2008

the remote control

Have you ever been watching something on television and was completely 100% involved with it and then, someone takes the remote and changes the channel with not even thinking that there is someone already involved in the show being televised? Well, that happened to me tonight!!! My mom and I headed to the gym. Mom went for the treadmills, I opted for the bikes today. I checked all the televisions and found the one that I wanted to watch. About 7 miles into the program, I found myself not thinking about biking but about the television show, when all of a sudden, a girl comes from nowhere and turns the station and finds her treadmill. I first thought to myself...did she notice that maybe the other 20 people in the gym was watching the other 10 televisions--or does she own that television and has let us (fellow gym goers) use it when she was not there. Well, I finished the last 5 miles of my biking watching the story about Britney Spears. UGH!!!

As my Mom and I were driving home. She said, "What television show were you watching?" Then, we both started to laugh. We had been watching the same show. So, at least 2 or the 20 people did not know the ending of the show. We were flabbergasted on how the girl did not even turn around to check to see if the 20 people in the gym was even watching the show. But, I will give the girl here proper credit--she probably picked up pennies in the parking lot until she had enough money to purchase the television and then, donate it to the gym.

3 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

You should have jumped up off your bike and challenged that girl to a fight. Winner picks the channel.

Cami said...

I hate it when that happens. The nerve of some people!

Maleen said...

lol. That is so funny! It is like the lady who yelled at me at Wal-mart for choosing the shorter line when she was standing in the longer line. Um, I felt like saying, "You can choose the shorter line too. No one forced you to be stand in the long line and be mean." I just don't get some people.