Wednesday, January 2, 2008

"good goodness"

I have this friend that is probably one of the nicest people that I have met. His favorite phrase or I should say the phrase that he uses quite frequently is "good goodness!" A simple phrase as "good goodness" can sum up a day in just two words. But, the most important part is how you say it. If you sigh and say it, your day is probably not going the greatest. If you have a smile on your face, "good goodness" could be an expression of sincere delight. But on the other hand, when you say it with a disgusted sound in your voice---well, you see how this is going.

One day, this friend of mine left a message on my voice mail with most delightful sound in his voice when he stated, "Good goodness Michelle!" I have left that message on my voice mail for quite sometime because there are days when life just needs that extra delightfulness of 'good goodness!" It is interesting how 2 simple words can brighten someones day. Thanks Zach for being completely hilarious to talk to and for leaving a delightful "good goodness" on my voice mail!!

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

Good goodness Michelle! I'm so glad you put our favorite thing to say on the blog. Maybe now we can get people to start using this! Viva Good Goodness!