Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!


Happy 2008!!! I always look forward to the beginning of a new year. I love the holidays and all that brings--happiness and excitement, but the beginning of a new year is EXCITING!!! I read a quote somewhere that said something like this..."it seems as a new year marks a new beginning, a time for us to start over, to leave the past behind and make ourselves and our lives better." Isn't that true? I guess, one thing about the beginning of a new year, you get to a fresh new start. If you know much about me, you know that I am driven by goals. I love to set goals, but most of all---I love the moment of completion. I have this thrill of drawing a line through that goal that has now been completed and accomplished. A weird 'thrill', but the feeling of accomplishment is SUPERB!!


As I ponder all the events that took place in 2007, the new friends that I met, the places that I visited--I would not trade any moment because these are the moments that create me. Even though sometimes days were hard and difficult, there were those days that were fun and new. So, as I look upon 2008--I am excited for the fresh new start. 2008 will be a great year!!!

7 comments:

¡Vieve! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
¡Vieve! said...

Yea-the return of Michelle! This does make my new year complete. I hope you complete stuff in the 2008 to cross things off your list!

Gerb said...

I met you in 2007, and does it get any better than that? =0)

You're amazing.

Maleen said...

I was thinking the same thing. I really got to know you in '07 and it has made my life so much better. I wonder if I can even top that in '08? Here's to trying though, and checking off goals.

Deanne said...

Happy New Year! I know that a two day long unsuccesful boutique doesn't really qualify for life-long friendship, but you're one of those people that makes everyone feel like they've known you for years! Hope 2008 brings lots of checkmarks to your list!

Chelle! said...

Vieve, Gerb, Maleen & Deanne!!! All of you have been a great and positive influence in my life. I am so much a better person because y'all have stepped into my life. Thanks so much for your positive influence. I would never trade your friendship for anything!!

Ker said...

I too am so glad that I met you in 07! Thanks to our very own Maleenie! I am so glad that I got to meet you! Good luck with all of your goals in o8 as well!