Friday, December 21, 2012

Too many vacation days…too many thoughts.

christmas-shopping1

I often find myself with too many vacation days when the year comes to a close.  I don’t like this feeling.  I would rather have zero vacation days at this time of year.  The more that I keep busy, the less my brain has to rely on thoughts that are probably not the best during this holiday season.  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas time but I also, LOVE to be busy.

When I retired to bed last night, I had a huge list of things to do to keep me busy on my day off.  When I awoke this morning, instead of grabbing my to-do list, I grabbed my blankets, my laptop and started watching movies.  I officially declared today as a “Movie-Vacation” day.  All I wanted to do is snuggle in my blankets and watch movies.  I wanted my brain to be filled with movie thoughts. 

After four movies, I knew that I needed to be productive.  I know that movie-vacations are great but I began to think that it wasn’t the greatest thing for me to do today.  I got ready for the day and headed out to do some Christmas shopping.  The stores weren’t too busy today which I found quite interesting since Christmas is drawing near.  But lucky for me, I was able to get a lot of presents purchased and that definitely brought a smile to my face.  I love trying to find the perfect present for people. 

I still have several vacation days left…what to do? What to do?

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I hate having vacation days at the end of the year, but I think a movie-cation is sort of a perfect day sometimes. It's nice to kick back and do nothing at all.