Friday, December 28, 2012

Eggs…I wish you would sink!

It seems like things get neglected during the holiday season.  I know that this happens for me. My mind is preoccupied with so many other things that sometimes I forget the little things.  I was reminded of this very thing when I opened my refrigerator door.  It had been neglected.  Seriously neglected! I threw away so much stuff that sadly to say…was once yummy and delicious. 

As I was cleaning off the bottom shelf, I noticed that I had 3 (18-pack) carton of eggs.  What?  3 cartons…where did they come from?  I looked at the expiration date and noticed that they all expired in December.  Not wanting to throw them out, I decided to test each egg.   I filled a glass full of water and placed each egg one at a time to see if it would float or sink.  I was hoping that they would sink.  Guess what?

2012-12-28_21.59.06

They ALL floated to the top.  Sad to say…all 54 eggs were chucked (not gently set) down the garbage disposal.  Lucky garbage disposal.

I wish I wouldn’t have neglected them.  Sad smile

~Michelle

4 comments:

Angela said...

what is that seriously how you check if the egg is still good

Chelle! said...

Ang, yes...it is. In fact, every single time I use an egg, I do the egg test. It has been interesting how many eggs are bad BEFORE the expiration date. I am kind of a fantatic when it comes to testing eggs. Yes, I am a tad bit crazy. HA HA

¡Vieve! said...

Holy cow, you had 3 cartons of eggs?! I'd love to know how you acquired so many! I have to say, I do the same thing...neglect my fridge until I have to throw things away. :(

Angela said...

wow i wonder how many dead ones ive ate how interesting