Saturday, December 29, 2012

Reading and loving it!

sarahhwI can’t believe that this year is coming to a close.  Where did the time go?  It seemed to pass by so quickly.   I just can’t believe it.  I have been pondering the goals that I set at the beginning of last year.  I was hopeful to accomplish every single one of them sometime during 2012.  As I read the list, all I do is  smile not because I accomplished them but because I have actually set goals that help me become a better person.  I am hopeful for the upcoming year…a new beginning…a time to re-evaluate and to move forward. 

One of the goals that I set for 2012 was to read more often.  I love to read but when I do, I feel guilty because I have so many other things that I SHOULD be doing.  I set out a goal to read 100 books.  I knew that  I probably wouldn’t be able to accomplish this particular goal…I was just hoping that if I had that high of a goal, I would make myself read and not feel so guilty. 

Well, dear friends…I did read more and I enjoyed every minute of it.  I read 19 books…a lot more than I would have read if I wouldn’t have made it a goal to read more often and enjoy it.  So…for the year 2012, I read

1.  The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

2.  The Gift of Angels by Rachel Nunes

3.  Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

4.  Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins

5.  Nourish & Strengthen by Maria Hoagland

6.  Lost Without You by Annette Lyon

7.  Lemon Tart by Josi Killpack

8.  English Trifle by Josi Killpack

9.  Devils Food by Josi Killpack

10.  Lipstick Wars by Christine Thackeray

11.  Last Entry First by C.K. Abbott

12.  Key Lime Pie by Josi Killpack

13.  He Loves Me Not by Christine Kersey

14.  Don’t Look Back by Christine Kersey

15.  Blackberry Crumble by Josi Killpack

16.  Scrappy Cupcake Angels by Kristah Price

17.  Your Happily Ever After by Dieter F Uchtdorf

18.  Forget Me Not by Dieter F. Uchtdorf

19.  Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

As for 2013, my goal is to read and enjoy 25 books.  Look out world, I am going to read and not worry so much about the other things that I need to accomplish!

Happy Reading!

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

Those are some great books! I love the ones I've read too, and the ones I haven't read, I am going to, and look forward to them. Hopefully you can make your goal of 25 for this year!

Maleen said...

I love making reading goals. Or maybe I just love reading...

Good job on your reading, and have fun this year.