Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Heartache.

untitled

My eyes open.

I feel the tears falling down my face. 

I touch my pillow…it is wet. 

Wet…from all of the tears. 

My heart is aching.

My body is trembling.

I pull my blankets and pillows closer to me.

My mind goes back to the dream.

It felt so real. 

The words cut deep into my heart.  

A wave of nauseous hits me like a ton of bricks.

I rush to the bathroom and lose it.

Tears are falling freely down my face.

I crawl back into my bed…trying to find the warmth I need.

I cry.  I cry uncontrollably.

I remind myself it was only a dream.

A dream.

A dream that penetrated my heart.  A dream that seems so real.

I can’t shake it.

I can’t find peace. Where is it?  I need it. I need it so badly.

Why did I dream it? 

My heart is aching.  It hurts so badly. The tears won’t stop.

An overwhelming sadness takes over my heart.

Why did I dream this particular dream?   What does it mean?

I remind myself it was only a dream but it seemed so real.

I look at the clock. 

3:26 AM.

The thoughts won’t turn off. 

4:26 AM.

Sadness has filled my heart.  My heart aches. I remind myself it was ONLY a dream.

5:26 AM.

It was only a dream.  A dream…that seems so real.

Heartache.

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read. :( I'm sorry about this dream.

Gerb said...

I hope the dream is not still haunting you!