Monday, December 10, 2012

The Christmas Village

One of my most favorite places to go during Christmas time is my parents’ home. My mom has decorated each room in her home (including the bathroom and the laundry room). It is an incredible place to be. She spends many hours decorating her home. It is beautiful and exquisite.

She leaves one area of the house for me to decorate. It is just a small corner but I feel privileged at having the opportunity to decorate this corner. It is the corner where her Christmas village is displayed. She has hand-painted every house, church, school, market, and building in this little village. I love it. It is so fun to take each piece from their designated storage box and create a little miniature village.

2012-12-10_20.59.58

I added lights, snow, people, trees…

2012-12-10_21.00.12

I love how it all comes together. It is incredible.

 2012-12-10_20.59.46

Aw…I love Christmas time.

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I love the little village, and it blows my mind that Mama G painted all of that herself.