Tuesday, November 5, 2013

When you see a nectarine, what do you think of?

Have you ever had one of those moments when you are not thinking about really anything in particular and all of a sudden an image pops into your head? Well, my dear friends, that just happened to me. I was looking at the computer screen just thinking about a bunch of random things when an image of a nectarine popped into my head. When you see a nectarine, what do you think of?

nectarine

Well, my friends, let me share with you what I think of when I see a nectarine. It was several years ago and I needed to run some errands while I was on my lunch break. I knew that I needed to eat some lunch because my blood sugar would surely drop if I didn’t eat something. I grabbed a nectarine, a knife and a napkin and headed to my car. I ran my first errand and noticed that the nectarine was on the seat next to me. It was a red light so I grabbed it and started to cut it. The light turned green and off I drove…. Yes, I was cutting my nectarine as I was trying to steer my car. Then all of a sudden, I had this intense pain and glanced down to my nectarine…BLOOD!! I had sliced three of my fingers and blood was flowing. Ok…let me share something. I can watch others bleed and it doesn’t affect me but when it comes to my blood…lightheadedness and I felt like I was going to faint. I quickly unrolled my window and hung my three bleeding fingers out of my car as I was still driving my car. I can just imagine what people were thinking…blood spilling out all over the side of my car while driving down the road. Aw…I can just see it. FREAKY!! I arrived back at work, called a co-worker and she came and rescued me.

So…that is what I remember when I see a nectarine.

~Michelle

1 comment:

¡Vieve! said...

I can't help but wonder, does this experience make you not want to eat nectarines anymore? I would be hesitant in case it reminded me of blood!