Wednesday, November 20, 2013

LOST!

How many times have you had a prompting to do something and you just ignore it? I have always tried to act on every single prompting that I have received. I know that I am not perfect at it but I know that I try really hard. Well, last night I was writing in my journal, reading some old letters, pondering (you know…multi-tasking) while I was snuggled in my bed watching a Christmas show and texting a friend. I was getting tired; I just wanted to turn off my computer, turn off my TV, put away my phone and drift off to sleep when I received an extremely important prompting.

“Michelle, back up your files and move them to an external drive.”

Like I said, I was tired and just wanted to go to sleep. I powered down my computer, said goodnight to my friend, plugged my phone into the charger, turned off my TV and snuggled deeper into my blankets.

“Michelle, back up your files and move them to an external drive.”

So, what did I do…I drifted off to the most unpleasant sleep (that is another blog entry in itself) that I have had in a long time. I ignored the prompting completely.

Now…many hours later, the regret of not heeding to the prompting that I felt so strongly has made my heart, soul and mind ache. As I booted up my laptop this morning, I received some sort of strange error. After several attempts from my co-workers, I was not getting anywhere other than deeper and deeper into regret. One my dear programmer friends came and checked out my laptop. The only solution…

RESTORE TO FACTORY SETTINGS

20131120_172142

I lost pictures, journal entries, lessons, talks, letters and the list goes on and on. **SIGH** If only…

But…on the bright side, my laptop is squeaky clean and works as if I just opened the box from the UPS gentleman. I know that I should back up my files on an external drive more often. I know it but sometimes that doesn’t work.

How about a short story…Two weeks before the biggest event of the year, where you bring 250+young women and leaders together to build testimonies, to laugh, to endure bugs, eat dirt, receive no sleep and most of all to feel of our Heavenly Father’s love, I needed to put the final touch on some amazing projects so I attached my USB to my computer and...ZERO FILES! What? Yes!! A pure anxiety meltdown happened. Maybe that is what my USB did---it had a pure anxiety meltdown too. Things that I have been working on for the past year…completely gone!! Projects and more projects that have been a part of my young women leadership for the past many many years…GONE!!

ZERO

Sad day…very sad day!

~Michelle

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

This was just so awful! I'm still so sad you lost everything.

Angela said...

that is the saddest thing ever