Sunday, November 10, 2013

Lesson changed at the last possible minute.

imagesCAHYFNZR

I woke up this morning (you are thinking that is probably a good thing since I am writing a post for my blog) with no voice. Yes, indeed. NO VOICE!! Not a big deal, right? WRONG! I had to teach Sunday School today. YIKES!!!  I was so excited to teach this lesson because it was on missionary work but with not having a voice…well, it just wouldn’t work  What to do….what to do…

PRAY!!

My voice was slowly coming back by the time Sunday school started but the head and the body was not doing as well.  I was getting frustrated with how I was feeling…but as I took a moment and gathered my thoughts, I knew that everything would work out how it was supposed to work out.

Anyway, I have this cool story to share with you. 

I have been visiting teaching this lady in my ward for many years.  She has not been active in quite some time.  Each month (ok…almost each month) we show up on her doorstep and usually end up handing her husband a thought and a treat (or some sort of handout) and then we go on our way.  Well, today as I walked into church, she was sitting on a bench next to her husband.  I was so excited to see her today—in church.  I talked with her for a few minutes and then asked if she was planning on coming to Sunday School.  She said that she was going to go home.  I invited her to stay but she said that she wasn’t going to stay.  I was sad but on the other hand I was kinda of glad that she wasn’t staying.  See…I was going to share how each month we go to this sweet lady’s home and we rarely see her but as we are serving the Lord He is softening the heart of those that we are trying to serve.  So…WHEW!!!  I don’t need to change the direction of my lesson.

Guess what?

She stayed.  In fact, she stayed for all three meetings. 

Guess what?

It wasn’t a big deal to rewrite my lesson at the last second because when we are on the Lord’s errand, He provides.

Happy Day!!!

~Michelle 

2 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

How great that she stayed! I know she got everything out of the lesson that she was supposed to.

Angela said...

oh that is so neat i hope she keeps coming