Sunday, November 3, 2013

Scariest seconds of my life…

eyeToday I experienced one of my most greatest fears. I lost complete vision. Yes, you read it correctly. Would you like to know how? I woke up in the early morning with a horrific migraine. My head was pounding that it was bringing tears to my eyes. I was nauseated. I didn’t dare move because I didn’t want to throw up. I laid there and laid there. Finally, it started to ease up. I haven’t experienced one of these types of migraines in such a long time.

All throughout the day, I had a pretty bad headache. It wasn’t as bad as it was in the early morning but it was still there making me completely aware that there was something going on. After church, I decided to take a nap hoping that my headache would completely go away. I had been sleeping for quite some time when I heard a knock at my door. It was my home teachers. I went to stand up, everything went black. BLACK!! I couldn’t see a thing. I began to panic. I stood there feeling this emotion of complete panic because I couldn’t see anything. I didn’t dare move. I have never had this happen before (and I don’t think that it is quite normal). Finally, I began to see light. I have never felt as relieved as I did when the light started to enter and I could start to see images.

Apparently, I had an Ocular Migraine. Never had one before and NEVER want one again. It was too scary. I am so grateful for my sight. Throughout the night, I looked at everything and anything. I took it all in. I wanted to see details of every single thing. I was scared to even close my eyes.

So…today I am forever grateful for my eyes—for having the gift of sight!!

~Michelle

2 comments:

Gerb said...

That is so scary! I hope you never have to experience that again.

¡Vieve! said...

This is the scariest! I really hope this doesn't happen again, EVER!