Friday, October 31, 2008

What a week...

This past week has been a incredibly stressful one for me. Usually when I am running up against deadlines, I...think outside box and get the projects accomplished. I like to be in complete control of my own deadline and what I have to accomplish. I have a HUGE difficulty when it comes to relying on other people and trying to figure out what needs to be accomplished before the deadline--not 10 minutes after the deadline.

This week was full of deadlines and I felt completely out of control.

Tuesday... I found myself completely swamped. I managed to yell (yes, I did raise my voice very loudly) at 2 different people at work. I won't get into the reasons...since, I can feel the blood rushing to my head when I think about each circumstance!!

Wednesday... I found myself yelling (okay, this was more of a loud speaking with a hint of tears in my voice) at another fellow employee.

Thursday...I arrived at work and I found a card and delicious cookies setting upon my desk. They were from Vieve. The card said that there are sometimes we have hopscotch days and sometimes we have dodgeball days. This week has been full of dodgeball days. I, definitely, needed a hopscotch day. Thanks Vieve for being so sweet and kind. You knew that I definitely needed a 10-minute-pick-me-up-party!!!

Anyway by 9:00 am, I knew that I would lose it with another person in my office...so, I dialed the Provo LDS Temple Prayer roll and placed my name on the list. I knew that I needed some extra help today. The sweet lady brought out the tears--she was so sweet and so kind. Thank you sweet lady who answered the phone--you helped me get a glimpse of sweetness. Then, I remembered that I was trying to have a hopscotch day!!! I WANT MORE HOPSCOTCH DAYS!!

We met one of our deadlines on Thursday...they were comple
ted and FED EX'd out!! HIP HIP HOORAY!!!

Friday...Happy Halloween...brought another huge deadline due. We worked and worked on our project. YEA!!! We finished in time to get it to FED EX (yes, with only minutes to spare)!!

Don't get me wrong...we did have time to celebrate the days events...


We dressed up in costumes. Vieve and I dressed up as SICK & TIRED.
Actually, Julie was suppose to be in the picture with "&", but for
some reason...I can't locate the picture with the three of us.


SICK & TIRED

Dirk--The 70's guy

Karen-The Angel


We had fun with our little trick or treaters. It ALWAYS makes my Halloween, when we get to have trick or treaters come to our office. The little ones are dressed so cute and they are excited to see us!!!

But, my most favorite thing on Halloween is to answer the door when trick or treaters come a ringing the doorbell. I get all excited to see who is on the other side of the door. I make a huge deal about their costumes and then, they get to pick a treat out of the huge bowl. We had lots of trick or treaters this year and...of course, I was excited to see each one of them!!!


Happy Halloween!!!

3 comments:

Maleen said...

We should have stopped by. I didn't even think about it by the time we were finished in Provo.
I certainly hope you have more hopscotch days next week.

¡Vieve! said...

This week was definitely hell! Those pictures are fun-besides being stressed about deadlines, yesterday was fun!

julie said...

Halloween, a favorite holiday for many the light glows in childrens eyes. how fun to see through them