Thursday, October 16, 2008

I will never get too old for Pumpkin Morning!!



It's Pumpkin Morning!! Yippee Skippee!!!


Every year--for quite sometime--(I can't even remember when she started doing this) my mom gets each of her grandchildren their very own pumpkin to have during this fall-ish season. (Since, I am a child myself...she gets me one, too!! Okay, I think it is because I am spoiled.) A few years ago, Mom had an inkling that she would take her grandchildren to a pumpkin patch to pick out their very special pumpkin. Since that inkling, she has visited Jaker's Pumpkin Patch each year with her grandchildren following right behind her. It has been a lot of fun. They get to search and search for the most perfect pumpkin.

So, this morning was declared Pumpkin Morning...my mom along with the grandchildren (at least most of them ...we were missing Brandon, Lindsie, and Austin--they think that they are too old for the Pumpkin Patch), Jessica, my sister-in-law and I headed to Jaker's Pumpkin Patch. We searched and searched and found the most perfect pumpkins!

Kaylie picked out hers and Brandon's, too!


Taylor found his...

Brylie found hers...


Tanner found his...

Bridger found his...

With their favorite pumpkins...we take a moment to relax on the straw!

Thanks Mom!!! You are the greatest Grandma (and Mom)!!


P.S. I will never get too old for Pumpkin Morning!





P.S. I am grateful for pumpkin morning, warm autumn days and my Mom!!

6 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I love the pumpkin patch! I definitely need to go to one and pick out my pumpkin.

Gerb said...

If your mom ever needs more grandkids...

Ammie said...

How fun!! I love this kind of thing. That's so cute that it has a special name. Pumking morning! I love it!

Ammie said...

Um! please excuse my wrong spelling of pumpkin! opps!

Maleen said...

How fun. We grew some pumpkins this year, now we just need to carve them.

p.s. Where were you yesterday? We stopped by your house with chocolate cake. Sorry we missed you.

Chelle! said...

Vieve, there are millions (okay, maybe not millions) but lots to choose from!

Gerb, my mom would love more grandchildren to spoil!!

Ammie, do they grow pumpkins in Arizona?

Maleen, I was probably at the pumpkin patch or upstairs (it is difficult to hear the doorbell upstairs). What time did you stop by? It would have fun to visit with you and oh, I am sad I missed out on Chocolate cake.