Friday, October 10, 2008

favorite things friday...the sound and smell of rain

One of my most favorite things is...

the sound and smell of RAIN!!


I love the sound and smell of rain!! I love to lay in my bed all curled up in a quilt and listen to the sound of rain hitting my roof. The pitter patter sound that is on the window pane is one of the most soothing sounds ever!!! But, if it is rainy all day long...I love to curl up in a quilt, turn on the fireplace, bake chocolate chip cookies and read a fabulous book!!! Oh, then, I love the smell of rain...I am not sure how to even explain that smell--it is like...a wonderful clean smell.

Oh, might I add those wonderful HUGE puddles after a rainstorm....how great are they? Yes, I do have to add, I love to jump in those huge puddles!!! Oh, that brings back great college days!!! I had never went puddle jumping until then. My roommates and the girls that lived next door to us decided to go puddle jumping on BYU campus after a huge rainstorm. There were huge puddles and it was absolutely so much fun!!! I wish that we had taken pictures--umm....I guess not!! I would hate that kind of blackmail!!!

I just read a quote that said, "anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain". I would have to agree, but sunshine does bring happiness, too!!!




P.S. I am grateful for my warm quilt, socks and sweatshirts!!

4 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I love love love the sound and smell of rain!

Also, (keep this a secret) I totally want to kiss someone in the rain. At least once.

Maleen said...

Kissing in the rain is fun.

But I am sorry Utah girls, I can't love the smell of rain here. I grew up where it REALLY rains in WA, and it smells different, better. It smells dusty here when it rains. So I like the smell of rain, but only at home (well, my old home).

Birgitta said...

What can I say, except ME TOO!

Laurel said...

Michelle! A new friend via the blogging world! Thanks for the comment today. I love the idea of the 15 minute goal, and when I go digital for scrapbooking (after completing year 2003) years 2005 on, I am totally doing that! 15 minutes a day on my computer? Yes. I'm in! The problem with the old school scrapbooking is all the mess that is required. Argh! I hate getting it out and putting it back or leaving it out--either way, a pain. And why am I going on and on??? Um, not sure. I'm tired and perhaps I have some typing version of over-tired talks a lot syndrome.

Regarding the rain: Me too!!! The monsoon season is one of the best things about living in Arizona. It is like God turns on the faucet. Downpours and amazing lightening storms. I wouldn't dance in a monsoon, but I sure would watch it out the window or from the porch.

And, as a side note, I like chocolate chip cookies and diet coke with crushed ice and lemon, too! Look at how much we have in common!

I'm so glad you said hello.