Saturday, October 18, 2008

one more use for a hangar...

Did you know that there are many uses of a hangar? Let me explain how Kaylie and I used it, today. Kaylie came to play and sleep over with her favorite aunt--it was me--if you did not know. I can say whatever I want--it is my blog. I know that I am the favorite aunt.

Well, let me share a weakness of mine--I never remember where I place my keys. So, at my home, I have to set my keys in the same place and when I am at my mom and dad's home, I place them on the counter--usually, in the same place. If not, it is a crazy experience looking for them. So, after an awesome bike ride this morning with Kaylie--we headed to my mom and dad's.

Kaylie was building things that Grandpa had gotten her and I was working on my Christmas Cards. I had forgotten to get the ribbon that I was going to use on my cards out of my car. So, I went to grab my keys (remember--they are always in the same place) from the counter. My keys were not there. I looked all over the kitchen--I could not locate them. HMMM!!

I walked back to the sun room and looked all over. I still could not find them. Then, I remembered that when I gotten out of my car, I had to grab my supplies from the back seat. Dang it!!! I knew that they were locked in my car. I hate it when that happens. I told Kaylie that I had locked my keys in my car. She told me to get a hangar and she could get them out.

So, we found a wire hangar (oh, by the way, Mom--we only found one wire hangar and now it does not look like a hangar--sorry!!) . We found that the window was down just enough to get a hangar through it. Kaylie bent the hangar--perfectly. HMM!! Had she done this before?

She worked and worked...


Finally, she was able to 'pop-up' the lock.



We opened the door and went through my entire car to find NO KEYS!!! We searched and searched and still came up with NO KEYS!!! WHERE ARE THEY?!

We walked back into the house---looked all around the kitchen. STILL NO KEYS!!! We walked back to the sun room and there sat my keys in plain site--on the floor. I, literally, had to step over them. Now, you ask--why do I place them in the same spot?




P.S. I am grateful for such a cute niece--we had a great time!! Also, thank you Kaylie for your help with my car situation.

4 comments:

¡Vieve! said...

I have always wanted to break into a car with a hanger!

Birgitta said...

I'm the same way...I lose my keys All the time because I NEVER put them in the same place. I just can't remember where I place them. Lots of times the keys sit in my outside door lock. :)

Deanne said...

So funny! She looks like a pro at that...you know where to go if it ever happens again!

Unknown said...

you crack me up!! But i have to do the same...I always lose my keys as well. Oh and I love pumpkin morning. I am going to declare pumpkin morning when I have grandkids!! Or maybe I'll start it right now with my kids. :)